All credit goes to Mobile Number Portability (MNP) for letting you change SIM network without changing the number. However, before you go with SIM portability for your existing mobile number you need to keep a few things in your mind. Initially, mobile portability is allowed within the same telecom circle in which your existing number currently is. Also, the existing connection which you are using must be active for at least 90 days otherwise you won’t be able to port mobile number. Moreover, if you are going to follow the port process on a postpaid mobile number, you shouldn’t have any dues pending on the same.
Once you have made sure that you fulfill the porting criteria you need to follow the below-mentioned steps to perform the network port process on your existing mobile number:
How to Do MNP | How to Port SIM Card to a Different Network Operator
- As a first step, you need to send a port out SMS on the port message number which is 1900. In the SMS please write “PORT <space> Mobile Number” and send the message on the port request number which is 1900.
- You will receive a message from the port request number acknowledging the receipt of your port out SMS and statin that you will receive a Unique Porting Code (UPC) shortly.
- With few seconds you will receive another SMS containing your Unique Porting Code (UPC).
- Keep the code safe with you and visit the outlet of the telecom network to which you want to port. As an example, if you wish to port to Vodafone you need to visit the nearest Vodafone store with the Unique Porting Code (UPC) handy. Tell the representatives that you wish to port your SIM and you have already generated the UPC from the port 1900 number by sending the number portability SMS.
- Next, they will make you fill a CAF or Custom Acquisition Form and a Porting Form. Submit supporting documents such as identity or address proofs along with. Usually, an Aadhar Card will do.
How to Send Port Message | Change SIM Network without Changing Number
- Pay the respective charges for porting and the Vodafone port number representatives will provide you a new SIM.
- Keep the SIM safe as it will take 7 working days for the SIM portability to be effective and to port your number from the existing SIM to the new one.
- Your previous network SIM will automatically lose its signals and stop. Once that happens you need to put in the new SIM.
- Congratulations! You have successfully ported your mobile number from the previous network to your desired network.
Conclusion : Hope you guys got clear picture on How to use Mobile Number Portability Service MNP and how to send SMS to port Number . Any Queries , let us know in the comments section.